Synchronization and Conflict Resolution
The Atelier development model requires synchronization of source code on
client and server machines.
You can invoke the Atelier synchronization wizard command in the following ways:
- You can synchronize all the files in one or more projects by clicking on the
synchronize icon ( ) on
the Atelier Explorer toolbar. A dialog opens that lets you select
one or more projects in your workspace to synchronize. Click OK
procede with synchronization.
- Right click on a project in the Atelier Explorer
and select Synchronize Project from the context menu.
This action synchronizes only the selected project.
- You can synchronize specific files in a project by right clicking on them in the
Atelier Explorer and selecting Synchronize from the context menu.
- If the Save action save settings preference is set to Save and Synchronize
or Save, Synchronize, and Compile, each file is synchronized
every time it is saved.
The Conflict Resolution wizard opens automatically when
there are version conflicts between client and server.
Version conflicts arise when code has been modified
on the server more recently than on the client, such as by editing
code directly on the server.
The wizard presents the client version of the file
in the left pane of the wizard, and the
server version on the right.
Buttons at the upper right let you step through the
differences between the versions. The wizard indicates these differences
visually, and you can click on the indicator lines that connect the two sides to
copy text from right to left. The following image shows the conflict resolution
wizard resolving a single file:
The buttons perform the following actions:
- Save Local Copy – Writes the code currently on the local client
machine to the server.
- Save Server Copy – Writes the code currently on the server
machine to the client.
- Cancel – Cancels the operation.
When the Conflict Resolution wizard opens in response to conflicts in more than one file,
it provides the following additional information:
It also provides the following controls:
- Save Local Copy and Save Server Copy – These radio buttons perform the same functions
as the command buttons during a single file resolve. They retain your selection from one
file to the next during multi-file resolution.
- Skip – This radio button instructs the wizard to take no action on the current file.
- Next/Back – These command buttons let you move forward and backward though the list of files.
- Apply to All – When this check box is selected, the Finish button
is enabled. When you click Finish, whatever
resolution choice you made for the current file
is applied to all remaining unresolved files in the list.
The following image shows the wizard controls set to save the local copy
for all unresolved files when you click Finish.
Working with Atelier
Atelier Explorer View
Save Settings Preferences