Creating an Atelier Launch Configuration
Perform the following steps to create an Atelier launch configuration:
- Open the launch configuration dialog by selecting
Run > Run Configurations...
Run > Debug Configurations...
from the main menu bar.
- Select Atelier Application from the list of possible configuration types.
- Click the
New button ()
to create a new configuration.
- Enter a name for the configuration in the Name field.
This is an arbitrary name that identifies this configuration.
- Enter values on the Connect tab. In the Project field, enter the name of the project containing
the object this configuration launches or
use the Browse button to select a project.
- The Timeout field specifies the length of time in seconds that
Atelier waits for a reply after making a debugging request to the server.
Leave the default value of 30. You can increase this value if the
server is slow to respond.
- In the Entry Point section, select whether to launch a class method or a routine.
- If you are using a class method:
- In the Class Name field, enter the name of the class that contains the method you want to debug.
- In the
Method Name field, enter the name of the method.
- If you are using a routine:
- In the Routine field, enter the name of the routine you want to debug.
- In the
Label field, you can enter a label in the routine that marks location where you want
debugging to begin.
- In the
Offset field, you can enter an offset into the routine to further specify the location where you want
debugging to begin. The offset is calculated from the beginning of the routine, or from the label if you have specified one.
- If the class method or routine requires arguments, enter them in the Arguments field.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Click Run or Debug to launch the application.
Running and Debugging an Atelier Application
Debugging an Atelier Application
Running an Atelier Application
Toolbar Icons for Debugging