Configuring a Server Connection
Perform the following steps to configure an Atelier server connection:
- In the Server Explorer view, click the New Connection button () in the view toolbar, or click this link to open the
Connection Configuration wizard.
- In the Connection Name field, enter a name that identifies this server connection. The connection name cannot contain spaces.
- In the Web Server Configuration section, use the Address field to enter the address of the host machine that is
running the instance you want to connect to. Use the Web Port field to enter the WebServer port number used by that instance.
The default values of these fields are localhost and 57772.
- In the Credentials section, use the Username and Password fields to enter user credentials for this connection. These credentials must be valid on the instance you have specified.
In addition, the user must have the required minimum privileges. See Minimum Required Privileges.
- Use the Test Connection button to check the validity of the connection. A message appears
to the right of the button, and in the title bar of the
server connection dialog, that either reports success or provides an error message.
When the configuration test is successful, click Finish.
Minimum Required Privileges
Atelier Server Connection
Creating an Atelier Project
Server Explorer View
New Atelier Project
New Connection Configuration