Importing a Project from VCS
You can add a project to your workspace by importing it from the VCS you are using. You need to have installed the relevant Eclipse plug-in for your VCS. The following steps describe how to import a project from VCS, using Git as an example. These instructions assume that the Eclipse Git integration plug-in is installed. If it is not, see Updating and Extending Atelier.
Importing Samples from GitHub describes how to use Atelier to
import a repository from GitHub.
- Select File > Import from the main menu.
- In the Import dialog, open the Git node.
- Select Projects from Git and click Next.
- Select Existing local repository and click Next.
- If the repository you want to import is not in the list, click Add....
The resulting dialog lists Git repositories on your local file system. Select the repositories you want to add to the list, and click Finish.
- Back at the list of repositories, select the repository you want to import and click Next.
- At this point, the Git plug-in offers several options for doing the import. If you select Import using the New Project wizard and click Finish, a dialog opens that
lets you open a New Project wizard. Open the Atelier node and select the Atelier Project wizard and click Next.
- This action opens the New Atelier Project wizard. See Creating an Atelier Project
for information on using this wizard.
- If you do not have the option of using the New Atelier Project wizard, select Import as general project and click Next.
- Edit the project name if necessary.
- Click Finish.
If you imported as a general project, you need to configure the project as an Atelier project in order to use it with Atelier.
- Right-click on the project.
- Select Configure > Configure Atelier from the context menu.
- In the dialog, select a connection and a namespace.
- Click OK.
Updating and Extending Atelier
Creating an Atelier Project
Importing Samples from GitHub
New Atelier Project
New Connection Configuration