A comma-separated list of codes specifying what action this Operation will take on receipt of various types of acknowledgement messages and other reply status conditions.
The format of the list is:
A <code> value starting with a colon - e.g. :<char> represents a literal value found in field TA1:4,AK5:1,or AK9:1 of the response message.
The expected values in these fields include:
- :A - Accepted
- :E - Accepted, but Errors Were Noted
- :P - Partially Accepted
- :R - Rejected
- :M - Rejected; Message Authentication Code (MAC) Failed
- :W - Rejected; Failed Validity Tests
- :X - Rejected; Content Decryption Failed
- :~ - matches replies that do not contain a TA1, AK5 or AK9 segment
- :_ - matches replies with an empty value in the field
- :* - matches any value not matched otherwise
- :E? - matches any literal value except :A
- :R? - matches any literal value except :A, :E or :P
- :I? - matches where the reply ControlId does not match the ControlId of the original message
The default behavior is ':A=C,:E=WC,:P=WC,:*=S,:~=S,:I?=W'
This means for responses with TA1 code E or P issue a warning, while all other codes except A suspend the current outbound message and move on to the next.
Also, the following standard status conditions may be used:
- E - Error status returned from message handler
- E#<statuscode> - Error status returned from message handler has status code equal to <statuscode>
- E*<text> - Error status returned from message handler contains text string <text>
- X - there is no reply message at all
The following values for <actions> may be used alone or in combinations:
- C - Treat the message as Completed OK.
- W - Log a warning. If no other non-warning <actions> are triggered, the message will be treated as Completed OK.
- R - Retry the message according to the configured RetryInterval and FailureTimeout; finally Fail unless a different action is also specified.
- S - Suspend the message, log an error, and move on to try the next message.
- D - Disable the Operation, log an error and restore the message to the front of the Operation's queue.
- F - Fail with an error and move on to try the next message from the Operation's queue.
The default behavior is 'E=F'. Thus any error status will result in the error being logged and returned to the caller, no retries will be attempted, and the Operation will move on to try the next message from its queue.
All codes where <actions> consists of only 'W' (for 'log a Warning') will be evaluated, and a warning will be generated for each matching <code>. Other <code> values will be evaluated in left-to-right order, executing the first matching <code> that has a non-warning <actions> value. As noted in the details for the 'W' flag, an error that only triggers 'W' <actions> will be treated as Completed OK.