Reference Information for Cube Classes
The Architect creates and modifies cube classes, which you can also create and edit directly in Studio. This reference provides details on these classes.
Also see When to Recompile and Rebuild, as well as Using Advanced Features of Cubes and Subject Areas in Advanced Modeling for InterSystems Business Intelligence.
Also see Accessing the Samples Shown in This Book.
- Requirements for a Cube Class – Provides basic information on cube classes.
- Common Attributes in a Cube – Lists attributes that are used throughout cube definitions in cube classes.
- <cube> – The root element in the XData block in a cube class.
- <measure> – Defines a measure in a <cube>.
- <dimension> – Defines a dimension in a <cube>.
- <hierarchy> – Specifies a hierarchy within the given dimension in a <cube>.
- <level> – Specifies a level within the given hierarchy in a <cube>.
- <member> – (Special cases) For use in manually specifying the members of a level in a <cube>.
- <property> – Defines optional properties for a level in a <cube>.
- <listing> – Defines an optional named listing for a <cube>.
- <listingField> – Defines an optional listing field with which end users can create custom listings for a <cube>.
- <calculatedMember> – Defines an optional calculated member for a <cube>.
- <namedSet> – Defines an optional named set for a <cube>.
- <relationship> – Defines a relationship for one or more <cube>s.
- <expression> – Defines an optional expression for use in a <cube>.
- <index> – Defines an optional, custom index that you add to the fact table for a <cube>.