Index Syntax and Keywords
This reference describes the syntax and keywords that apply to an index, which you can define in persistent classes. Keywords (also known as class attributes) generally affect the compiler.
See “Index Definitions” for links to general information on defining indexes.
See the Table of Contents for a complete list of structures and keywords that apply to specific class members.
- Syntax of Indexes in Class Definitions – Describes the structure of an index definition. See Index Definitions for links to general information on defining indexes.
- Abstract – Specifies that an index is abstract.
- Condition – Defines a conditional index and specifies the condition that must be met for a record to be included in the index.
- CoshardWith – Specifies the name of the class with which this class is cosharded.
- Data – Specifies a list of properties whose values are to be stored within this index.
- Extent – Defines an extent index.
- IdKey – Specifies whether this index defines the Object Identity values for the table.
- Internal – Specifies whether this index definition is internal (not displayed in the class documentation).
- PrimaryKey – Specifies whether this index defines the primary key for the table.
- ShardKey – Specifies the shard key for this class.
- SqlName – Specifies an SQL alias for the index.
- Type – Specifies the type of index.
- Unique – Specifies whether the index should enforce uniqueness.