Foreign Key Keywords
This reference describes the keywords that apply to a foreign key, which you can define within persistent classes. These keywords (also known as class attributes) generally affect the compiler.
For general information on foreign key definitions, see “Foreign Key Definitions.”
- Internal – Specifies whether this foreign key definition is internal (not displayed in the class documentation).
- NoCheck – Specifies whether InterSystems IRIS should check this foreign key constraint.
- OnDelete – Specifies the action that this foreign key should cause in the current table when a record deleted in the foreign table is referenced by a record in the current table.
- OnUpdate – Specifies the action that this foreign key should cause in the current table when the key value of a record in the foreign table is updated and that record is referenced by a record in the current table.
- SqlName – Specifies an SQL alias for the foreign key.